Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Shadows that play a game with you.

I felt a bit out of sorts this last weekend, so I stayed home in the warm and decided to get the paints out. Copied a drawing in pencil first, which took me quite a long time. Instead of sketching an outline I found myself shading in the dark area's, this is not a good idea because the watercolour blends with the graphite.
Anyway, a good excersize, perhaps another try with the same subject-matter on another day.
I am always amazed at how dark a shade can be when the sun is high in the sky, really black on the back of the buildings away from the sunlight casting shadows across the sand, and every time you look up from your pad that shadow has moved another foot or so, annoying to say the least, like a child at play it will not stay still, as if it is trying to trick you into seeing something and then moving it.
All good fun.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by, please call again

2 comments:

  1. Your artwork is very good Al, I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny for your kind comment, so many things to do, not enough hours in the day. Summer is hopefully going to be better than Spring over hear and I can then get out to do some more sketching.
      Would you believe I'm watching snow fall outside and we are already in April, I sometimes wish for a little bit of your climate down under when it is so cold.

      Delete