Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 January 2015

London Barge out of Ramsgate, rounding the Forland
a memory of my childhood just after the last war.

My first sketch of the new year January 2015


It's over a year now since my last post, mainly because my computer threw a wobbly and finally bit the dust, at the same time certain parts of my aged old body seemed to want to follow that old tower to the local landfill.  More pills and a bit of determination because there are still a lot more things I want to do, has brought me back to the land of the living with so much to write about and draw. 
Then, to my astonishment, (honestly, I must be still on his list in Lapland!) Father Christmas left me a nice big bulky gift a few days ago wrapped in pretty paper, accompanied by more socks and hankies under the tree. My surprise package was a new computer, all shiny and clean with oodles of memory and as fast as 'Bluebird'. My old relic worked with mb, this one works with tera something-or-other and takes a bit of getting used to it goes so fast. The speakers are 'out of this world' enabling me to listen to the beautiful music that has always been the foundation of my existence through my whole life as my sketch pad and pencils were retrieved from the draw in the study.
I was amazed to see so many of you still reading the posts from all that time ago, and hope I can still keep you interested in some of the things that have happened to me over the years, along with sketches that I intend to post on this 'Blog' that I have a mind to draw this year.
 Thanks for stopping by
 All the very best for this coming year. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, Al :o) Hope you're feeling tons better now & that 2015 is kinder to you. Beautiful sketches, I love the London Barge one, especially :o)

    ReplyDelete