Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 March 2013

A Sketch in progress

The sketch so far, not finished yet.
Tunbridge Wells Engine sheds (I think 1959 or 1960)


I haven’t finished the sketch, you could say its work in progress, but I did promise to post it this week, so this is as far as I have got and there is quite a lot more to do.
Can anyone suggest a number; I’m not a train buff, but appreciate the engineering needed to construct such magnificent movement and power.
I think it is what was called a ‘Standard Tank’ because many years ago I fired one of these out of Tunbridge Wells down to Brighton in the summer holidays for a few weeks, see photograph, I’m the one on the right at the back without a hat on. The fascination of anything mechanical has always fired my imagination (sorry about the pun) even in those days my sketchpad was in constant use, what ever happened to those sketches I really don’t know but I remember the pad I used being covered in coal dust, I’m sure you can imagine, being a very dirty job my hands were always black, but it didn’t stop me passing many happy hours by the track side drawing what was around me.
Like I have said many times, the memories of those times, were exciting and although hard work, bring only joy to what I have lived through in my life. 
 
Thanks for stopping by. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment